- SSC or equivalent examination and HSC or equivalent examination with the subjects of Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
- Minimum combined GPA of 9.0. Minimum GPA of 3.5 in Biology in HSC. Candidates referred in any examination will not be accepted.
- Students who have undertaken O and A level examinations should submit equivalence certificates to be collected from the Directorate General of Health Services (DGHS), Government of the People’s Republic of Bangladesh along with the application
Application Form is available from the College office on payment of Tk.1200.00 (non-refundable) during office hours (8 am to 5 pm).
The candidate should collect and submit the application form in person.
The final selection will be based on a written assessment, GPA scores and medical fitness.
Selection will be absolutely on merit, based on scores of:
|(SSC GPA x 15) + (HSC GPA x 25)||200|
|Written Admission Test||100|
The written admission test will be conducted by the Directorate General of Health Services (DGHS). Selection of the candidate will be accomplished following the merit list announced by the DGHS for the private medical colleges.
Qualified candidates are invited to an interview by a board of medical specialists of Ad-din Women’s Medical College Hospital, 2 Bara Maghbazar, Dhaka to review and confirm their physical fitness. It is mandatory for the candidate to qualify for the physical fitness tests.
The following documents should be submitted along with the application:
- Attested photocopies of SSC Certificate and academic transcript or equivalent examination certificate
- Attested photocopies of HSC Certificate/testimonial and academic transcript or equivalent examination certificate
- Attested two recent passport size colour photographs (same as admit card)
- Attested photocopy of the Citizenship Certificate from the City Corporation Mayor/ Municipal Mayor/ Union Parisad Chairman/ Ward Commissioner/Ward Councillor
- National ID Card
- Money receipt of application fee
Original copies of all the above documents are to be submitted at the time of admission.
- Candidates who fulfil the entry requirements, as per the results announced by the Directorate General of Health Services (DGHS), should submit the completed Application Form during office hours from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm during 6 working days except Friday.
- List of the selected candidates along with a waiting list will be displayed on the College Notice Board. Selected candidates are required to report to the College administration desk for admission at the specified date and time. In case of failure in admission by the selected candidates within the stipulated date and time, the vacant seat(s) will be filled up by the candidate(s) from the waiting list.
- Applications with incomplete and incorrect information will not be accepted. Any wilful inclusion of incorrect information will automatically disqualify the candidate.
- Any decision made for admission related matters by the admission committee will be considered as final.
- The selected students will pay admission fees and other charges at the time of admission through account payee Pay Order or Bank Draft in favour of the Bank Accounts named “Ad-din Women’s Medical College.”
- The amount to be paid at the time of admission, monthly tuition fee, yearly session charge and other fees will be decided by the governing body of the college based on the decision of the Government of Bangladesh.
- In addition, VAT and other charges payable to Government are applicable. The selected students residing at the hostel will pay additional amount for accommodation and food charges.
Confirmation of Seat
For confirmation of seat at AWMC Dhaka, students must send a Bank Draft as advance payment in favour of ‘Ad-din Women’s Medical College’,
C.D- A/C No- 0203-0210043152.
Bank Name: Janata Bank Ltd, Maghbazar Corporate Branch, Dhaka-1217, Bangladesh.
Swift code no. JANBBDDH 203
Branch Code no. 0203.
This amount is non-refundable and non-transferable.
Direct Descendant of Freedom Fighter:
Two percent seats are reserved for the direct descendants of Freedom Fighter as per Government criteria. To secure a seat under this quota, applicants must submit the attested photocopy of certificate of father/mother/ grandfather/grandmother in favour of her/his participation in the Liberation War signed by the Secretary and the honorable Minister/State Minister of the Ministry of Liberation War Affairs or the certificate countersigned by the then honorable Prime Minister during 1997 to 2001.
Students from underprivileged background:
Five percent of seats are reserved under poor and merit quota. Candidates in this quota are being selected following the criteria set by the DGHS. They are placed under a separate merit list and cannot be transferred to the general list and vice versa. A selection Committee formed by the Governing Body of the College will finalize the selection of these candidates. The selected candidates will pay fees following the guidelines of the DGHS. Students under this quota are required to serve the Hospitals of Ad-din for 2 years as paid Medical Officer after their graduation and internship.