Foreign students must undergo the procedures of admission in AWMC in the same way as the local students. However, students from SAARC and non-SAARC countries who can complete the requirements set by the DGHS, Government of Bangladesh and Medical Council/Medical Registration Authority of their respective countries, are accepted directly in AWMC . Additionally, Indian and Nepalese students must also be qualified in the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test.
A foreign applicant must fulfill the following conditions and requirements in order to be considered for admission at Ad-din Women’s Medical College (AWMC) or in other medical colleges (government & private) of Bangladesh:
1. The applicant/candidate must pass the Secondary and Higher Secondary School Certificate (SSC and HSC) examinations or equivalent
examinations namely O and A levels. The SSC and HSC or equivalent certificates (O and A level) must be attested by the ministry of Foreign Affairs of the respective country.
2. The minimum academic eligibility criteria for admission in medical colleges are GPA 7.0 for SSC+HSC and GPA 3.5 in Biology.
3. An Application should be made through Bangladesh High Commission/Embassy. The application form is available from August/September onwards at the Bangladesh High Commission/Embassy of the respective country. The candidate must mention the name of medical college of his choice in the application form. Application should be submitted to Bangladesh High Commission/Embassy Office with a demand draft (DD) of US$ 60.00 (sixty) only made payable to Director, Medical Education HMPD, DGHS, Mohakhali, Dhaka.
4. If the candidate’s choice is AWMC, the student is required to fill up the Foreign Students’ application form of AWMC (available at our website: ).Photocopies of the passport, SSC/HSC certificates should be furnished with application. This will help us to track the application in DGHS office.
5. Based on the application form submitted in the Bangladesh HC/Embassy, the DGHS (Director General of Health Services) office will determine the eligibility for admission at AWMC or in medical colleges of Bangladesh. If found eligible, the application will be sent to AWMC or to respective medical colleges of choice. Once this procedure is completed, only then, AWMC will provide you an official offer letter of admission.